THE LIGHTER SIDE
Just In Case You Thought You Knew Everything
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched.”
- On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American Flag.
- All of the clocks in the movie “Pulp Fiction” are stuck on 4:20.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
- “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies’ room during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and ….. (Can you think of the fourth one???)
- Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula.”
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
- Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
- A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
- “Stewardesses” is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
- Here’s the answer to those 4 “dous” words: Tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and HAZARDOUS.
And now you know everything!
<< Back to Articles
PHONE & FAX
(973) 625–4979 (alt.)
(973) 263–4244 (fax)
6 Rose Court
Denville, NJ 07834-1717
1055 Parsippany Blvd.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-1230
OUR PAGE ON FACEBOOK